• About
  • Contact
Thursday, February 19, 2026
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
No Result
View All Result
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Trump says U.S. hit “big facility” linked to alleged drug boats

by Kathryn Watson
December 29, 2025
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Trump says U.S. hit “big facility” linked to alleged drug boats

RELATED POSTS

Arts commission approves Trump’s White House ballroom, clearing key hurdle

Democrats in Congress press National Park Service on Trump ballroom donors


Washington — President Trump says the U.S. “knocked out” a “big facility” last week linked to alleged drug boat operations, although he didn’t offer many details.

“There was a major explosion in the dock area where they load the boats up with drugs,” Mr. Trump said Monday as he spoke to reporters at Mar-a-Lago.

In a radio interview Friday, the president said the U.S. hit the facility “very hard” two nights before. The president didn’t offer the location of the facility, but he has been threatening land strikes in Venezuela following a string of U.S. military strikes on alleged drug boats in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific. 

“We just knocked out, I don’t know if you read or you saw, they have a big plant or a big facility where they send, where the ships come from,” Mr. Trump said after calling into “Sid and Friends in the Morning” on 77 WABC Friday. “Two nights ago, we knocked that out, so we hit them very hard.”

On Monday, he added that it had struck what he called “the implementation area,” adding, “that is no longer around.”

The The New York Times reported that president was referring to a drug facility in Venezuela. 

The Pentagon referred questions to the White House. The White House has yet to respond to CBS News’ request for comment. 

Since September, the U.S. military has targeted more than two dozen boats the administration alleged were ferrying drugs, killing at least 105 people in the strikes.

The Trump administration has accused Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro of drug trafficking and working with gangs designated by the U.S. as terrorist organizations — which Maduro denies. The U.S. has built up a heightened military presence in the region and recently seized two sanctioned oil tankers off Venezuela’s coast. 

More from CBS News

Go deeper with The Free Press

Share6Tweet4Share1

Kathryn Watson

Related Posts

Arts commission approves Trump’s White House ballroom, clearing key hurdle
Politics

Arts commission approves Trump’s White House ballroom, clearing key hurdle

February 19, 2026
Democrats in Congress press National Park Service on Trump ballroom donors
Politics

Democrats in Congress press National Park Service on Trump ballroom donors

February 19, 2026
Federal tax dollars subsidize health care plans in ways you may not realize
Politics

Federal tax dollars subsidize health care plans in ways you may not realize

February 19, 2026
Man sprays Rep. Ilhan Omar with unknown substance at town hall
Politics

Inside the surge of threats against public officials fueling a rise in prosecutions

February 19, 2026
Key legislators seek DOJ records on Alex Pretti and Renee Good killings by next week
Politics

Judge holds DOJ lawyer in contempt as tensions flare over immigration cases

February 19, 2026
Trump administration orders review of refugees who entered under Biden, memo shows
Politics

Trump administration gives ICE broader powers to detain legal refugees

February 18, 2026
Next Post
Trump warns “hell to pay” if Hamas doesn’t disarm soon after Netanyahu meeting

Trump warns "hell to pay" if Hamas doesn't disarm soon after Netanyahu meeting

Viral video prompts fraud probe at Minnesota day care centers

Viral video prompts fraud probe at Minnesota day care centers

Recommended Stories

What to know about the partial government shutdown as funding lapses for many agencies

What to know about the partial government shutdown as funding lapses for many agencies

January 30, 2026
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader who ran for president, dies at age 84

Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader who ran for president, dies at age 84

February 17, 2026
Gov. Moore dismisses Trump’s “not worthy” snub: “I will bow down to no one”

Gov. Moore dismisses Trump’s “not worthy” snub: “I will bow down to no one”

February 12, 2026

Popular Stories

  • Low expectations as Ukraine, Russia confirm new round of talks with U.S.

    Low expectations as Ukraine, Russia confirm new round of talks with U.S.

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • How the Trump administration’s account of boat strike has evolved

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Obama: Odds are aliens are real but I saw no signs of contact while president

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • U.S. military strikes another alleged drug vessel; search on for 1 survivor

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • CIA director warns Russian spy chief against deploying nukes

    16 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
The US Inquirer

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Ethics
  • Fact Checking and Corrections Policies
  • Copyright
  • Privacy Policy
  • ISSN: 2832-0522

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?