• About
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
No Result
View All Result
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Trump says he’s called off plans for a “scheduled attack of Iran”

by Kathryn Watson
May 18, 2026
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Trump says he’s called off plans for a “scheduled attack of Iran”

RELATED POSTS

U.S. announces Ebola-related travel restrictions amid outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report

Washington — President Trump said Monday that he’s called off a U.S. attack on Iran that had been “scheduled” for Tuesday, after the United States’ Gulf partners requested it to allow for continued negotiations. 

The president made the announcement on Truth Social Monday afternoon, following a request from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Iran says it’s relayed an amended set of terms for a possible deal to the Trump administration, through Pakistani mediators. 

“I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond,” Mr. Trump wrote. 

“This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” he continued in the post. “Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached. Thank you for your attention to this matter!”

Mr. Trump also extended his original April 7 ceasefire indefinitely at the request of Pakistan’s leaders. 

During the ceasefire, the Pentagon has said that it has planned for the possibility of resuming strikes against Iran, if the president decided to do so.

Over the weekend, the president warned the “clock is ticking” for Iran to accept a peace agreement, saying there “won’t be anything left of them” if the leaders of the Islamic Republic don’t “get moving, FAST.” 

The Strait of Hormuz remains effectively closed, continuing to roil the oil market and affect the sectors that depend on it. 

Eleanor Watson and

Tucker Reals

contributed to this report.

The War with Iran

More


Go deeper with The Free Press

In:

Share6Tweet4Share1

Kathryn Watson

Related Posts

U.S. announces Ebola-related travel restrictions amid outbreak in Congo, Uganda
Politics

U.S. announces Ebola-related travel restrictions amid outbreak in Congo, Uganda

May 18, 2026
Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report
Politics

Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report

May 18, 2026
Trump settles $10 billion lawsuit against IRS over leak of his tax returns
Politics

Trump settles $10 billion lawsuit against IRS over leak of his tax returns

May 18, 2026
Americans largely disapprove of Trump’s handling of the economy, CBS News poll finds
Politics

Americans largely disapprove of Trump’s handling of the economy, CBS News poll finds

May 18, 2026
5/17: CBS Weekend News
Politics

5/17: CBS Weekend News

May 17, 2026
Reported U.S. plan to indict Raúl Castro could mean reform for Cuba, but questions remain
Politics

Reported U.S. plan to indict Raúl Castro could mean reform for Cuba, but questions remain

May 17, 2026

Recommended Stories

Air travel prices likely to get worse in coming weeks, Chevron CEO says

Air travel prices likely to get worse in coming weeks, Chevron CEO says

April 23, 2026
4/26: CBS Weekend News

4/26: CBS Weekend News

April 26, 2026
Alabama lawmakers pass plan for new House primary as state pushes to redistrict

Alabama lawmakers pass plan for new House primary as state pushes to redistrict

May 8, 2026

Popular Stories

  • California’s construction industry hurt by ICE raids, builder says

    California’s construction industry hurt by ICE raids, builder says

    38 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 10
  • Trump decrees any attack on Qatar be treated as threat to U.S.

    22 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6
  • Quiet and the New Era of Anonymous Car Culture Online

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Trump says he’s making Saudi Arabia a major non-NATO ally

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • House to vote on historic crypto bill after right-wing rebellion

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
The US Inquirer

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Ethics
  • Fact Checking and Corrections Policies
  • Copyright
  • Privacy Policy
  • ISSN: 2832-0522

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?