• About
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
No Result
View All Result
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

U.S. announces Ebola-related travel restrictions amid outbreak in Congo, Uganda

by Alex Sundby
May 18, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
U.S. announces Ebola-related travel restrictions amid outbreak in Congo, Uganda

RELATED POSTS

Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report

Trump settles $10 billion lawsuit against IRS over leak of his tax returns


The Trump administration announced Monday it’s adding additional screening measures and restricting people who don’t have U.S. passports from entering the country if they have been in three African nations affected by a growing Ebola outbreak. At least 80 people are believed to have died from the latest outbreak of the virus, according to the World Health Organization.

People without U.S. passports who have traveled to Congo, Uganda or South Sudan in the past three weeks will be restricted from entering the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced.

The CDC also said the U.S. would enhance public health screening for people traveling from areas affected by the outbreak.

The travel order is among several measures announced by the CDC that take effect immediately and will be in effect for 30 days. The CDC said the travel order doesn’t apply to U.S. citizens, green-card holders or U.S. service members.

At least six Americans were exposed to Ebola virus in Congo, sources with international aid organizations told CBS News, although it was unclear if any had been infected. It also wasn’t immediately clear whether the Americans were still in Congo.

The agency also said it would try to identify people who have been exposed to the Ebola virus by coordinating with airlines, international partners and port-of-entry officials.

The CDC said the outbreak posed a low immediate risk to the U.S. general public.

“We will continue to evaluate the evolving situation and may adjust public health measures as additional information becomes available,” the CDC said.

Dr. Céline Gounder

contributed to this report.

More from CBS News

Go deeper with The Free Press

In:

Share6Tweet4Share1

Alex Sundby

Related Posts

Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report
Politics

Cuba’s leader says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after military drone report

May 18, 2026
Trump settles $10 billion lawsuit against IRS over leak of his tax returns
Politics

Trump settles $10 billion lawsuit against IRS over leak of his tax returns

May 18, 2026
Americans largely disapprove of Trump’s handling of the economy, CBS News poll finds
Politics

Americans largely disapprove of Trump’s handling of the economy, CBS News poll finds

May 18, 2026
5/17: CBS Weekend News
Politics

5/17: CBS Weekend News

May 17, 2026
Reported U.S. plan to indict Raúl Castro could mean reform for Cuba, but questions remain
Politics

Reported U.S. plan to indict Raúl Castro could mean reform for Cuba, but questions remain

May 17, 2026
Trump’s approval ratings on the economy continue to fall in latest CBS News poll
Politics

Trump’s approval ratings on the economy continue to fall in latest CBS News poll

May 17, 2026

Recommended Stories

4/28: The Takeout with Major Garrett

4/28: The Takeout with Major Garrett

April 28, 2026
Senate begins “vote-a-rama” as GOP moves forward with funding ICE without Democrats

Senate begins “vote-a-rama” as GOP moves forward with funding ICE without Democrats

April 22, 2026
Trump tells public to “have fun” with UFO document release

Trump tells public to “have fun” with UFO document release

May 8, 2026

Popular Stories

  • California’s construction industry hurt by ICE raids, builder says

    California’s construction industry hurt by ICE raids, builder says

    38 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 10
  • Trump decrees any attack on Qatar be treated as threat to U.S.

    22 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6
  • Quiet and the New Era of Anonymous Car Culture Online

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Trump says he’s making Saudi Arabia a major non-NATO ally

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • House to vote on historic crypto bill after right-wing rebellion

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
The US Inquirer

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Ethics
  • Fact Checking and Corrections Policies
  • Copyright
  • Privacy Policy
  • ISSN: 2832-0522

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?