• About
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
No Result
View All Result
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Trump and first lady to visit U.K.’s King Charles this fall

by Caroline Linton
July 13, 2025
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Trump and first lady to visit U.K.’s King Charles this fall

RELATED POSTS

Open: This is “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” Aug. 31, 2025

Chicago mayor pushes back on Trump’s immigration crackdown

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump will be visiting Britain’s King Charles III later this fall, Buckingham Palace announced Sunday.

Charles invited the pair for the official visit from Sept. 17-19, the palace said in a statement. The king will host the Trumps at Windsor Castle, the palace said. No further information was released. 

Mr. Trump likely will not address Parliament like French President Emmanuel Macron did last week, since Parliament will not be in session from Sept. 16 until Oct. 13 due to party conferences, according to Sky News. 

The Prince Of Wales Hosts US President Donald Trump For Tea

King Charles, then the Prince of Wales, and Queen Camilla, then the Duchess of Cornwall, meet with President Trump and first lady Melania Trump at Clarence House on Dec. 3, 2019.

Victoria Jones / Getty Images


Mr. Trump and the first lady were hosted by the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2019. That visit was marked by widespread protests, and London Mayor Sadiq Khan slammed Mr. Trump in a video message ahead of his arrival.

The announcement of Mr. Trump’s trip comes as he has threatened to annex Canada, which shares King Charles as the head of state, as the 51st American state. In an address before Canada’s Parliament in May, Charles called it a “critical moment” for Canada.

“Today, Canada faces another critical moment,” Charles said, adding that “Democracy, pluralism, the rule of law, self-determination and freedom are values which Canadians hold dear, and ones which the government is determined to protect.”

Mr. Trump has also been attempting to navigate diplomacy as he has slapped tariffs worldwide. In May, Mr. Trump hailed a deal with Britain as a “maxed out deal” that would serve as a template for deals for other nations, but the deal leaves the 10% baseline tariff in place. 

Caroline Linton

Caroline Linton is an associate managing editor on the political team for CBSNews.com. She has previously written for The Daily Beast, Newsweek and amNewYork.

Share6Tweet4Share1

Caroline Linton

Related Posts

Open: This is “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” Aug. 31, 2025
Politics

Open: This is “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” Aug. 31, 2025

August 31, 2025
Chicago mayor pushes back on Trump’s immigration crackdown
Politics

Chicago mayor pushes back on Trump’s immigration crackdown

August 30, 2025
Trump expresses some doubt over one-on-one meeting between Putin, Zelenskyy
Politics

Trump expresses some doubt over one-on-one meeting between Putin, Zelenskyy

August 30, 2025
Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73
Politics

Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73

August 30, 2025
Trump administration to cut 500-plus jobs at Voice of America
Politics

Trump administration to cut 500-plus jobs at Voice of America

August 30, 2025
Texas man arrested for allegedly making bomb threats outside ICE facility
Politics

Judge blocks Trump admin. from expanding fast-track deportations nationwide

August 29, 2025
Next Post
Scathing report on Trump assassination attempt released, Trump says he’s satisfied with it

Scathing report on Trump assassination attempt released, Trump says he's satisfied with it

Motive still a mystery a year after Trump assassination attempt

Motive still a mystery a year after Trump assassination attempt

Recommended Stories

U.S. doesn’t know where it would send Kilmar Abrego Garcia, ICE official says

Kilmar Abrego Garcia’s lawyers ask judge to dismiss criminal charges

August 19, 2025
Trump administration moving detainees out of “Alligator Alcatraz”

Trump administration moving detainees out of “Alligator Alcatraz”

August 27, 2025
State Department may require certain visa applicants to post $15,000 bond

State Department may require certain visa applicants to post $15,000 bond

August 4, 2025

Popular Stories

  • From Bedroom Dreams to Breakout Success: How Soluh Became One of Roblox’s Fastest-Growing Creators

    From Bedroom Dreams to Breakout Success: How Soluh Became One of Roblox’s Fastest-Growing Creators

    18 shares
    Share 7 Tweet 5
  • Abrego Garcia’s ask judge to ban “baseless public attacks” by Trump admin.

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Gabbard cutting Director of National Intelligence staff by roughly 40%

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Supreme Court allows mass firings at Education Department for now

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Open: This is “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan,” Aug. 31, 2025

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
The US Inquirer

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Ethics
  • Fact Checking and Corrections Policies
  • Copyright
  • Privacy Policy
  • ISSN: 2832-0522

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?