• About
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World
No Result
View All Result
The US Inquirer
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Trump posts message of support for Bondi amid Epstein probe fallout

by Jake Ryan
July 12, 2025
Reading Time: 4 mins read
0
Trump posts message of support for Bondi amid Epstein probe fallout

The Justice Department and FBI are struggling to contain the fallout from this week’s decision to withhold records from the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking investigation, which rankled influential far-right media personalities and supporters of President Trump.

The move, which included the acknowledgment that one particular sought-after document never actually existed, sparked a contentious conversation between Attorney General Pam Bondi and FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino at the White House this week. The spat threatened to shatter relations between them and centered in part on a news story that described divisions between the FBI and the Justice Department.

RELATED POSTS

Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73

Trump administration to cut 500-plus jobs at Voice of America

The cascade of disappointment and disbelief arising from the refusal to disclose additional, much-hyped records from the Epstein investigation underscores the struggles of FBI and Justice Department leaders to resolve the conspiracy theories and amped-up expectations that they themselves had stoked with claims of a cover-up and hidden evidence. Infuriated by the failure of officials to unlock, as promised, the secrets of the so-called “deep state,” Trump supporters on the far right have grown restless and even demanded change at the top.

Mr. Trump expressed frustration in a lengthy social media posting on Saturday over the divide among diehards of his “Make America Great Again” movement over the matter, and expressed support for Bondi. His lengthy post made no mention of Bongino.

“What’s going on with my ‘boys’ and, in some cases, ‘gals?'” Mr. Trump wrote. “They’re all going after Attorney General Pam Bondi, who is doing a FANTASTIC JOB! We’re on one Team, MAGA, and I don’t like what’s happening.”

He later said: “One year ago our Country was DEAD, now it’s the ‘HOTTEST’ Country anywhere in the World. Let’s keep it that way, and not waste Time and Energy on Jeffrey Epstein, somebody that nobody cares about.” 

Tensions that simmered for months boiled over on Monday when the Justice Department and FBI issued a two-page statement saying that they had concluded that Epstein did not possess a “client list,” even though Bondi had intimated in February that such a document was sitting on her desk, and had decided against releasing any additional records from the investigation.

The department did disclose a video meant to prove that Epstein killed himself in jail, but even that raised the eyebrows of conspiracy theorists because of a missing minute in the recording.

It was hardly the first time that Trump administration officials have failed to fulfill their pledge to deliver the evidence that supporters had come to expect.

In February, conservative influencers were invited to the White House and provided with binders marked “The Epstein Files: Phase 1” and “Declassified.” But the binders contained information that had largely already been in the public domain.

Afterward, Bondi said an FBI “source” informed her of the existence of thousands of pages of previously undisclosed documents and ordered the bureau to provide the “full and complete Epstein files.” She later said officials were poring over a “truckload” of previously withheld evidence she said had been handed over by the FBI.

But after a months-long review of evidence in the government’s possession, the Justice Department determined in the memo Monday that no “further disclosure would be appropriate or warranted.” The department noted that much of the material was placed under seal by a court to protect victims, and “only a fraction” of it “would have been aired publicly had Epstein gone to trial.”

The Trump administration had hoped that that statement would be the final word on the saga, with Mr. Trump chiding a reporter who asked Bondi about the Epstein case at a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

However, sources familiar with the matter told CBS News that Bondi and Bongino got into a confrontation over the public rollout of the Epstein review during a White House meeting Wednesday. Also in the meeting was White House chief of staff Susie Wiles.

Bongino did not show up to work on Friday, according to the sources. 

The news publication Axios was first to describe the conversation.

Also Friday, far-right activist Laura Loomer, who is close to Mr. Trump, posted on X that she was told that Bongino was “seriously thinking about resigning” and had taken the day off to contemplate his future. Bongino is normally an active presence on social media but has been silent since Wednesday.

The FBI did not respond to a request seeking comment, and the White House sought in a statement to minimize any tensions.

“President Trump has assembled a highly qualified and experienced law and order team dedicated to protecting Americans, holding criminals accountable, and delivering justice to victims,” said spokesman Harrison Fields. “This work is being carried out seamlessly and with unity. Any attempt to sow division within this team is baseless and distracts from the real progress being made in restoring public safety and pursuing justice for all.”

Jeffrey Epstein Case

More


Share6Tweet4Share1

Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan is a social media manager and journalist based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. When he's not playing rust, he's either tweeting, walking, or writing about Oklahoma stuff.

Related Posts

Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73
Politics

Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73

August 30, 2025
Trump administration to cut 500-plus jobs at Voice of America
Politics

Trump administration to cut 500-plus jobs at Voice of America

August 30, 2025
Texas man arrested for allegedly making bomb threats outside ICE facility
Politics

Judge blocks Trump admin. from expanding fast-track deportations nationwide

August 29, 2025
SSA chief data officer resigns after filing whistleblower complaint
Politics

SSA chief data officer resigns after filing whistleblower complaint

August 29, 2025
Illinois Gov. Pritzker says sending troops to Chicago would be an “invasion”
Politics

Illinois Gov. Pritzker says sending troops to Chicago would be an “invasion”

August 29, 2025
Gov. Pritzker fears Trump’s push for troops in Chicago isn’t just about fighting crime
Politics

Gov. Pritzker fears Trump’s push for troops in Chicago isn’t just about fighting crime

August 29, 2025
Next Post
About 200 arrested in immigration raids on Southern California farms, feds say

California farm worker injured in immigration raids dies; More than 300 arrested

Before Butler, Secret Service denied requests to bolster Trump’s security, report says

Before Butler, Secret Service denied requests to bolster Trump's security, report says

Recommended Stories

France calls U.S. ambassador’s letter about response to rising antisemitism “unacceptable”

France calls U.S. ambassador’s letter about response to rising antisemitism “unacceptable”

August 24, 2025
Justice Department fired official whose husband operated controversial ICEBlock app

Ex-DOJ attorneys are running for office — some to fight Trump policies

August 3, 2025
Defense lawyer in D.C. tries to get client released with filing saying “Help!!!!”

Defense lawyer in D.C. tries to get client released with filing saying “Help!!!!”

August 27, 2025

Popular Stories

  • Kilmar Abrego Garcia to seek asylum in U.S.

    Abrego Garcia’s ask judge to ban “baseless public attacks” by Trump admin.

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Gabbard cutting Director of National Intelligence staff by roughly 40%

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Supreme Court allows mass firings at Education Department for now

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • From Bedroom Dreams to Breakout Success: How Soluh Became One of Roblox’s Fastest-Growing Creators

    18 shares
    Share 7 Tweet 5
  • Mark Knoller, longtime CBS News correspondent, dies at 73

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
The US Inquirer

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Ethics
  • Fact Checking and Corrections Policies
  • Copyright
  • Privacy Policy
  • ISSN: 2832-0522

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Crime
  • World

© 2023 The US Inquirer

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?